Watch as we slowly, oh so slowly, turn this unloved and neglected historic, mid-century gem from "Oh honey, you're just gonna have to gut it!" into a fabulous, comfortable, totally cool space to love. We're doing all of the work ourselves on a shoestring budget. The work takes time since we work all week but we're dedicated to the project.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kitchen Curtain Idea
















My husband's mother and father passed away this fall and while cleaning out their home he found these lovely little hand-embroidered towels. We're sure they were never used. His mom had folded them and carefully placed them in her cedar chest. Who knows? They may have been a wedding gift. I love old kitchen towels but I never know what to do with them since they're just too nice to use. I've decided to make a valance for our large kitchen window with these. The view from this window is just too nice to cover up with full curtains. I'm not sure how I'm going to make these yet. I almost hate to cut up the towels. Fortunately, I have some time to think about this project since our kitchen cabinets haven't been installed yet. Here are photos of the towels.

No comments:

Post a Comment